
At the risk of sounding like a complete lush, my second entry of this little blog must be centered on the subject which I know best at this juncture. And yep, you guessed it, that subject is ‘the good life,’ put in the words of Mr. Kanye West.
While writing an email today I was listing my agenda for this week and thinking back on the past week, when I realized that at the moment my life here is completely ludicrous. I’ve resigned myself to being unemployed until the middle of March, Spanish class is going strong, and we're in those last few beautiful weeks of summer. It’s the feeling of the middle of August in
Last weekend was headlined by a Saturday night filled with my first full blown Argentine roof-top party. It was reminiscent of parties in BK, but held together by a few key differences: the later starting time (I’ve been told you never arrive at an Argentine house party before
But did that stop us? You guessed it again, NOPE. A smaller but dedicated troupe of about 15 of us strolled down the street to this amazing self-serve beer bar called Bellagamba. Jokes were cracked, raving declarations made, love confessed: diagnostic of the later stages of any good night. As the pale light of dawn began creeping in through the windows, the BA signal that it’s about time to wrap the night up, the crew began to disperse. It was the 4th night in a row that I’d been told to go to bed by the rising sun. This ‘good life’ ain’t too shabby.

No comments:
Post a Comment